Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Good intentions

Good intentions aren't equal to love. They're not equal to the action you say you're going to do. If, anything, it's a lack of love, a lack of committment, and in the end prove a person unreliable and untrustworthy.
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions." I couldn't agree with that old statement anymore. Maybe the intentions rest in, "Oh, I'll stop doing this to allow God to be in my life even more." and it never happens to "I'll do this with this person." and it never happens.
I, myself, am fed up with people's good intentions. Maybe because that's all I've really gotten since being home from Rockford. The friends I once knew seem to rest upon good intentions, but that's all. I feel disconnected, without a friend here, and sometimes with a friend elsewhere. See...it's ok to have good intentions and not follow through on them SOMETIMES- if you didn't let someone down, you'd not be human, and we know that's not possible. But for someone to constantly fail someone else, that's not friendship, that's a way of abuse in my mind. Just my thoughts.

1 comment: