Tuesday, September 7, 2010

embrace it.

A thing I've learned lately is how to truly love myself. Even with all my flaws, failures, and mess ups.
I sweat like a man. I'm overweight. I'm a girl who is more like a guy. I mumble. I say super nerdy things. I fall short of the commands of my Father time and time again. But guess what? Despite that, I still love myself. I can embrace these flaws. I can embrace who I am and who I'm becoming. I can even embrace who I was, because Christ has redeemed that and is using that. It's not cockiness, but confidence in knowing who Christ has created me to be. Why not marvel at yourself for a second...done? OK. Don't let your mind look at the flaws- if you go there, take pleasure in knowing our Lord sees you as perfect. You're beautiful, for the Lord created you, and He has set Himself inside of you. He looks at you with love deep in His heart, a love burning at the sight of His creation and how it beautifully reflects Him. Embrace it. Embrace the fact that your flaws, failures, and insecurities can be nothing but beautiful to the Lord. You are His child, and He marvels and delights in you.
short, but sweet. Psalm 139 put a lot of this in perspective for me...why? Because He made me. And God doesn't make junk. Word up, homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment